Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My first attempt at chevrons....

Today I am sharing a layout I created with some handmade chevrons.  I haven't decided what the easiest way to make these is....I thought I had a good idea.  I cut 3 inch strips of patterned paper and lined them up, then I took some scissors and cut the edge straight up the center.  It turned out okay, but I saw another tutorial in CK Magazine, so I'll try their idea soon and see how that turns out! 
I used lots of Elmwood Park paper on this layout - all of the blue and red colors just seemed very boyish to me!  I added several wooden stars as well as some OA and Amy Tan journaling and embellishment spots.  I also used My Mind's Eye pieces for the title and the chipboard at the bottom.  The star in the title is from Pretty Little Studio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment