Saturday, August 6, 2011

Best Buddies

It may be too late to enter this into the Try it Thursday challenge at Sweet Peach Crop Shop Blog, but I had a journaling card with surfboards on it that I bought to match some of the papers from one of their recent kits.  I didn't really want the surfboards on there, so I covered them up with the Best Buddies title piece.  Basically all of the accents came from that punch out page.  I sanded them all with my distressing kit to smooth the edges.  I added some lime baker's twine to the title card and a gorgeous flower from the kit to the center of the yellow flower. 
I am a big journaling person - I used to do all computer generated journaling, but then I realized how much I enjoy seeing things my parents and grandparents wrote, so I decided hand written journaling is just as important.  Whe I find journaling cards that only somewhat work like this one, I just try and figure out how to alter it to make it work for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment