Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cousins

I found this sketch at The Scrappiest and immediately had a vision for it.  I have these wood veneer frames from Studio Calico that I really like, so I thought I would use those for the blocks in the sketch.  From there, the ideas just kept rolling. 
 Here is the layout - I used Very Vanilla for the background paper and added some Pink Paislee and Studio Calico paper pieces under the Crate Paper border strips.  I added some Studio Calico notions and My Mind's Eye buttons for the finishing touches.
Here's a closeup of the fancy pants coffee filter - you can't see it well, because I used the very subtle Soft Sky color, but I stamped a quilt circle stamp across it.  I painted the two frames with Tide Pool Glimmer Glam and a pink color of Glimmer Glaze.  It's actually sparkly, although you can't see it!

1 comment:

  1. I love the frames and your clean style! Lovely photo!!!Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete