Friday, April 6, 2012

Tight Squeeze

After going to Disney World this past summer, I thought the inherent desire to see every character and get a hug from them would be out of my daughter's system......not so.  Even just a short 4 months later on the Disney cruise, we had to stop and see every single character to say hello and get autographs.  The only bonus was that we didn't have to repeat all of the autographs...just the princesses!  Well....I guess most of the lines were shorter than Disney World, so you didn't have to wait 1-2 hours in the hot sun to see each character! 
Needless to say, Mickey and Minnie came out in different outfits here and there and Halleigh was thrilled when she got to see Minnie all dressed up like a princess! 

For this page I wanted to show the whimsical nature of the characters, so I chose to brighten up the background with lots of pastel colors from the Dear Lizzy line.  I spritzed the Pink Paislee border with Dewey Mr. Huey and added some chevron Washi and black rhinestones to the paper with the word smile on it. 

Beneath the jar of hearts is actually a yellow polka dotted envelope that I shortened to make it line up with the other papers.  I hid the journaling inside of this envelope and used a scrap of paper to make the pull tag.

The title is a sticker from the Dear Lizzy line that says A tight squeeze from me to you.  Fitting for a hug from Minnie!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment