Friday, July 15, 2011

Steak Rules!

I found a challenge today called the
Basically this challenge reminds you to use up your stash before all the new stuff comes out.  So, I decided to go with the Elementary line from Studio Calico that I got during the spring at a CKC Convention. 
Admittedly I am a bit of a cheeseball…..so here’s what happened in my goofy little mind. 
I went looking through my stash and found these little bits and pieces of Harper’s Ruler paper and thought…..what in the world could I do with that?  I had some pictures of us eating steak…..When you put it together, you get {Steak} Rules!!  I know…pretty goofy….but we do love some grilled steak around here.  Our daughter has joined us in our delight in eating yummy, delicious, steak – it’s funny to see her try to cut some steak, too.  So, without further ado, here is the layout!


 I decided to use the ruler paper for a roof and make a little scene with pictures of us eating inside it. 

The flash got the picture here, but you can see the wood veneer frame – I painted it with some Glimmer Glaze – a green color.  You also see some Bluegrass Mr. Huey at the bottom for the grass.

 And then at the top I used Lemonade Mr. Huey for the sun and painted the clouds with Tide Pool Glimmer Glam.  Love the sparkles in that stuff!  Very pretty! 

You can also sneak a little peek at the Crate Paper ribbon I used for the trim of the roof of my little house. 
This layout took me far out of my comfort zone, but in the end, I kind of like it!

1 comment:

  1. Great layout Valerie! Thanks for playing along! (I was actually going to pull out Elementary for this challenge too!)

    ReplyDelete