Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Tattered Angels Glitz and Glam class

If you’re joining me today, I’m going to tell you a little bit about a class I took yesterday at the scrapbook store in Lexington.  This class was not a class in which you make something, it was a technique based class using Tattered Angel products.  The products used were Glimmer Mist, Glimmer Glam, Glimmer Glaze, and the new Chalkboard Mist.  Here are a few of the projects we made to practice the techniques.
Okay, so here you see a masked image with a Key Lime Pie color misted on the background.  Then you see a piece of patterned paper.  The original color of the leaves did not match the green of the background, so I spritzed some of the glimmer mist on a craft sheet and used it like waterpaint.  I also used the glam and glaze to color the roses – I was just playing with it to see the different results.  It kind of looks like epoxy in some spots!


So here is another creation I made using several different masks.  I spritzed the background in Key Lime Pie, then masked and spritzed again with Bermuda Blue, and finally, I masked a heart and spritzed it with Mel’s Diner. It’s kind of pretty!
Now, here is one I’m going to try with my Big Shot…This piece of chipboard was embossed, but the raised image was not far from the surface, so it was a little messier than what I’d like to see.  I took a tea light candle and rubbed the wax across the embossed area to form a resist.  I spritzed the whole piece of chipboard with Patina and then wiped with a paper towel.  The Glimmer Mist resists the waxy area giving it a gorgeous shabby chic look!

Okay, I tried to get a closeup of this, but no luck.  I spritzed the background with Key Lime Pie and then watercolored the dragonflies with Patina and Bermuda Blue.  Again, I just spritzed the glimmer mist on a craft sheet and watercolored away with a little paint brush. 
What you can’t see is that I went back over the top dragonfly with Tide Pool Glimmer Glam and also with Glimmer Glaze – it just adds an even prettier little shimmer to the look! 

Here is another of my favorites.  This is a piece of embossed metal with lots of little grooves.  I couldn’t tell you all the color names here – but it is a combination of Glimmer Glam and Glimmer Glazes just painted on – very messy, but a great result in the end!

This one took a little more time to do, but the result was very cool!
I started with a piece of a dictionary to give it a vintage look, next  I took the mask of the bird and painted gesso all across it trying to smooth out the lines as much as possible.  That piece had to dry for quite some time – maybe a couple of hours!  After it was dry, I poured Glimmer Glaze all over it and just smeared it all across with a paper towel.  Once again, the gesso acts as a resist, so the red color stayed on my red bird and mostly came off of the white pasty paint.  I then spritzed a suede color on the right side to really give that dictionary an aged look.  Pretty cool, huh?!

And now for my personal favorite….the butterfly on acetate paper (or an overhead for old schoolers like me!).  The butterfly was stamped in a StazOn type ink.  I used Tide Pool and some other color of Glimmer Glaze to paint the butterfly – lots of it – it was really thick  so it would show up.  Again, I had to let that dry for a while.  Once it was dry, I put another mask on and this time spritzed the chalkboard mist on the back of the acetate.  Since it is opaque, it really sticks to the acetate and shows up with a light mist.  Very pretty result! 
Now….off to play with new toys!

No comments:

Post a Comment