Sunday, February 19, 2012

Make Waves 2 page layout

I got the idea for this layout from another layout I saw created by Davinie Fiero in Creating Keepsakes magazine.  I decided to stick with the basic sketch from her layout and re-create the sketch using my own paper and pics.
This picture is a little washed out, but you can kind of see how I used Glimmer Glaze by Tattered Angels to paint some of the wood veneer frames.  I wanted them to have that same Aqua color of pools.  I added a little trio of buttons and brads next to the picture, also.
Here is the other side - I continued the layout here.  I really liked this Documentary paper by Studio Calico for the right side of the page.  This paper inspired the color combo.  It just looked like the ceramic tiles you sometimes see on pools and looked like a great starting point for a set of pictures of my two little fishes splashing around in the pool!

Paper (Studio Calico, American Crafts), Die cuts (Pink Paislee), Wood veneer, tags (Studio Calico), Markers, twine (Stampin' Up), Glimmer Glaze (Tattered Angels), Brads (Basic Grey, American Crafts), buttons (vintage)

1 comment: