Saturday, September 29, 2012

PLS giving me some mojo!!!

If you are not familiar with Pretty Little Studio, you need to get to know this company!  It is a scrapbook company that makes ALL of it's product right here in the USA!!!!  That's what I'm talking about!  Plus, the quality is superb and the designs are darling....now if only I had a money tree to supply all my wishes!  ;)
Anyway, I've not been getting much scrapping done lately....you know how life gets in the way, gets you down, or keeps you busy....that's been me.  I decided I needed to peruse my favorite inspirational sites (this is a NEED, people!) and it was well worth my time!  In addition to this layout, I made 3 other layouts for a great start to scrapping those vacation pics from this summer! Woo hoo!!!
Needless to say, the sketch challenge is where this all started!
I started with a grey cardstock background and took my Studio Calico mask and some Bonnie Blue Mr. Huey and went to work.  I also sprayed my splash tag from PLS with Bonnie Blue. 
I strayed from the sketch quite a bit once I got started.  I decided I didn't like the placement of the title at the top right corner and placed it down below instead.  I added several sandcastle hexagon stickers and an assortment of other embellishments to that area.  To make the word Splash stand out, I added a dotted outline around the inside of the words.
I took the inspiration for the tag lineup from a layout I saw in Scrapbook Trends.  I thought it was cute, so I added 4 of my sandcastle tags to it. 
Now....if only my housework were this fun to do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment