Monday, September 3, 2012

You are my Sunshine

Since my husband recently lost his job to budget cuts, it has been imperative that we put items in our local consignment sale! God knows what He's doing even when we don't see the forecast for our future, that is certain! We have saved all of our daughter's clothes since she was a baby (the good clothes!), so it was definitely His timing for us to be able to put all of these clothes as well as some large items like a jeep and a cabin in the sale this month! I think we have enough to cover this month's house payment....
Anyway, I was so pleased with the way this layout turned out!  I didn't even scraplift or use a sketch - I just had a vision in my head and went with it to create this page! 
My daughter took a picture of herself with my husband's phone and this was the result.  Now, if you have a 5 year old, you realize that this particular photo is in the midst of 200 or so completely random pictures of things like her toes, dead bugs on the window of the car, blurry pictures of cars driving by....you name it!  Lots of clutter on the phone album!  My husband was just thrilled when he came across this photo she took - he even (gasp!) put it on Instagram!  (So not something he typically does!)
Anyway, something about the look on her face and the way her lips look so pink and her eyes just glow with an innocent sense of mischief.....it just makes me love this photo!
 
To create this page, I used the Summer of '69 kit from Studio Calico.  I started with the White Woodgrain base and created a sunburst with Mr. Huey Lemonade.   (To make my sunburst so perfect, I took the circle graph mask from Studio Calico and masked off two sections at a time to spray/not spray).
I also spritzed the doily with Creme Rouge Glimmer Mist to match my daughter's lips.  I added a little more pink with the pink/white washi.  I brought out the green in her eyes with the teal ribbon from October Afternoon Woodland Miscellany pack. 
The circle accent was My Mind's Eye and the top two accents were out of the kit.  Sticker is October Afternoon.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment