Thursday, June 23, 2011

Because one isn't enough!

Okay, so call me crazy!  I have a blog already.  I know!  I decided to start another one for all of my scrappy pleasures (thus the title) that I make just for fun. 
So, here is my first one - a sketch from Sketches in Thyme:
I went with some snowy photos for this and a cool but refreshing blue/purple color combo.  I had this paper in a Basic Grey paper pack that I got from the CKC Convention this spring. 
Okay so these are just some fun pics of us out playing in the snow with our daughter and her friend.  I really love this purple and blue paper from Basic Grey - it looks like a pattern on one of my winter wool skirts - so it has a warm, cozy look.  I decided to use the spots on the side for snowflakes, but since they were so big, I just let half of them peek out from the photo mat.  On the sticker I added a little flocking and then backed it on the new pennant die cut coming in July from Stampin' Up.
Here's a little closeup. 

5 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch, and those pictures are adorable!! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is great, love the ribbon and bow on the side!! Thanks for joining in the challenge at Sketches In Thyme! =) Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your take on the sketch ! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous use of those snowflakes, Valerie! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout!! Love your take on the sketch!! Thank for playing along at Sketches in Thyme, hope to see you play along next month!!

    ReplyDelete