Thursday, June 30, 2011

Killing the Lawn Party kit

Do you ever get paper that you think is so beautiful that you don't want to use it?  I have been hoarding this paper for about 3 months now.....I wanted to use it, really....I just didn't want to because it was so pretty.  I know you've felt that way, too!  Anyway, I took the plunge and really used up this paper today!
I used the Lawn Party kit from Studio Calico for this page.  Here is the stamp which I embossed with irridescent ice embossing powder.  I colored the 3 with my Copic marker and a versamarker and embossed it as well.  Finally, I used a ruler and deliberately made straight lines at not straight angles so if they weren't perfect it was okay!
Here's the rest of the pictures and the other page I made.  I loved this doily paper and plaid paper.   I used a little journaling spot from the Smash pad for the journaling.
These thickers were vanilla in color, but I used one of my copic markers to color them to match my layout.  so easy!  If you look really close, you can see that the E used to be an F, I just added a little edge to make it an E!
And here is one more doily fussy cut from the paper and two Fancy Pants coffee filters that I spritzed with Bluegrass and Lemonade Mr. Huey (love that stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment