Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My first layout....ever....and my desk today

So, I was reading a scrapbooking forum today and saw a post about your first layout ever. I started scrapbooking in 1998...yes, people, that is 14 years ago! That was when you pretty much only found scrappy stuff at Hallmark or Wal-Mart....So here is my first scrapbook.
Here is my first layout - it is a page telling my college roomie and bestie about meeting my husband for the first time. Needless to say, I didn't immediately start scrapping, but I didn't wait too long to start! I used the email that I sent her for my journaling.
Nothing too special about that page....just a few stencils and decorative edged scissors.
Fast forward to today - this is what my scrapbook desk looks like right now. That album is a project life album that I'm very behind on.
The tower on the right holds little knick knack items like my paper piercer, bone folder, rhinestones, etc.
The boxes in front are my pictures - note to self....by a new picture box!
The towers on the left are my ink pads and embellishment holders. Probably need another of those embellishment holders.
My markers are on the left.
I pretty much don't show anyone this very often, because I'm pretty embarrassed at the mess! I am not one of those clean scrappers.....I have stuff everywhere - an organized (in my mind) every where!!!

What about your first layout? What does your desk look like today? Care to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment