Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Smile


Squee!!!!! I am almost finished with our pictures from our Disney Dream cruise! I have two more big pics I want to scrap and then I'm finished....then it's time to catch up on my Project Life unfinished projects!!!! Yep, that's right.....I've fallen way behind on everything in life. Not sure if it's because I usually only have one available hand to do anything....nursing a growing boy leaves me only about 1/4 of my day to do anything.....OR just the fact that pretty much nothing gets done around here!!! Ah, the life of a newborn in the house....

So here is a quickie post to show you my only precious page that I've finished all week!

I wanted to finish my album (there are about 3 open spots) with a few family pics we got from the professional photographers. In our family, we would rather not waste money on souvenirs that eventually get thrown away, we would rather spend all of that money on photos, so on the Disney cruise you can purchase a CD of all of the photos you take for your entire trip. Now, just so you know, it is a hefty price at first glance. What we have found out, though, is that the cost of this CD is pretty much the going rate for a CD only from professional photographers, so I am okay with this. We ended up with close to 100 photos on our CD!



The gorgeous papers, stickers, and washi tape for this page are all from my Studio Calico kits from last month. I ended up getting City of Lights as well as two add-ons - Louvre and Montmarte. Unfortunately, I was not so lucky this month. My add-on that I wanted sold out in about a minute or less both times I tried to purchase it! Oh, well....



I love how the teal washi tape is see through! I'm looking forward to taking a Washi Workshop online next month. I have fallen in love with this stuff, but I'm not always brave enough to use it. Here I ended up clipping the edges or hiding them under my other pieces in the layout to keep the look nice and clean rather than having those torn tape edges on this crisp, clean edges of my layout.

By the way, in case you didn't take the class, this layout came from the final sketch in Kelly Purkey's Sketchbook 4 class.

No comments:

Post a Comment