Thursday, January 12, 2012

Starting Project Life

First, let me apologize for the glare in the pics.....it is dreary here and has been for a few days. My tripod is broken, so handheld + no flash = crappy pic!
Anyway, I have decided to attempt Project Life this year. I just decided the last week of December, so Amazon is sold out of all of the page protectors. I also decided to use my stash, so I thought this is a great way to use up my scraps and keep up with my every day life scrapping. It's worth a shot, anyway!
So....here is my title page.  I took some family pics of us from our Disney cruise for the opening page.  I also wanted to include an ultrasound of our baby boy who is arriving in just 11 weeks!  It's just a 2-d ultrasound....the good ones are coming February 1!  I still wanted to make sure he was included - in his own way! 
The paper was all scraps from other projects.  The white flowers were from a roll of ribbon that I cut apart.  The leaves are Amy Tan and the butterflies are Sassafrass Lass for SC.  Letters are AC Thickers.  Finally, the stickers on the ultrasound are from the new Simple Stories line. 
In our first week I decided I wanted to highlight going to the big state rival basketball game.  If you live in Kentucky, you know how huge this basketball game is!  Tickets for upper arena if you don't have season tickets can easily sell for $250 a ticket!  Thankfully we got a ticket through our season tickets this year - my hubby was pumped!
I used some Studio Calico state fair paper as well as Bazzill paper.  for the title, I decided to mask the game as the title and spritz the team colors.   I used Bonnie Blue and Holly Berry Mr. Huey for my colors.  I was pretty pleased with the results.  In fact, I even made a little cats paw out of letter O stickers and the middles on a leftover piece of canvas!  It turned out pretty cute!  That was more of Bonnie Blue Mr. Huey there, too. 
I'll post some more layouts as I get them done - I'm aiming for one double page layout a week.....we'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment