Saturday, June 30, 2012

Cool Guy

I made this page the other day.  I just wanted to remember not just how tiny our sweet new baby was, but also how worried we were when he had jaundice for about 2 weeks when he was first born.  I realize it is not really uncommon for babies to be jaundiced, but our daughter never had it, so it worried us.  We had to go to the doctor and do bloodwork about 4 times after coming home from the hospital.....and then you start worrying about the levels getting high enough for brain damage, etc.....it was a tiny bit worrisome!  Soon after, though, he started growing like a weed, and now at 3 months, he's a chunky little monkey!  ;)
Anyway, I was inspired to create this page by the cover of the latest Scrapbook Trends magazine.  Except...unlike the cover creation....my creation is not as cute.  DH was not overly pleased with this layout and I just decided to suck it up and leave it as is.
I used pieces from the recent 35 mm kit from Studio Calico for this layout.  I had a few pieces of MMI from last summer that I added (I didn't have a little boy back then!!!).  The mistable hexagon pieces are spritzed with Carribean Blue Glimmer Mist, so they have a slight shimmer to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment