Friday, June 8, 2012

Washi punching

I'm taking the Washi Workshop over at Studio Calico right now, so one of the challenges was to create an image using washi that you have punched out.  To do this, I took a scrap of Whisper White cardstock and covered it with 3 colors of Washi tape - red, green, and black to match.  I punched out an ornament punch from the washi and put Real Red behind the punched piece.  To highlight the negative space, I took a black pen and created faux stitches around the punched area.  I hated to just throw away the actual punched image, so I added it to the bottom of the layout.  I didn't want it to take over the picture itself (which caught a huge glare when photographing this!!!), so I added it to the bottom and cut off what hung over the edge.
I finished the layout off with a few chipboard buttons from October Afternoon, baker's twine from MME and SU, a brad from MME, and a paper clip from SC.
It's funny....I keep thinking I'm done with this December Daily album.....but then I find another picture to add....Oh, well!  The more the merrier!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment