Thursday, March 15, 2012

Brave dolphin girl

I decided to go for a two page layout for these pictures of my daughter and husband feeding the dolphins at Sea World.  I had to stand all the way across from the dolphin area to be able to take pictures, so I was rather please that i was able to get any good pictures from where I was!  Plus, I was just so impressed with my daughter for picking up the fish and actually feeding the dolphins and petting them.  She has a tendency to get a little skittish and chicken out sometimes, so I was very impressed with her! 
Here's the upclose of the left side.  I used some Cosmo Cricket stickers about being brave to dress up the pocket I made.  I also added some washi tape and a button  to the bottom to reinforce the bottom of the pocket.  I spritzed the journaling tag with Heirloom Blue and Clover Mr. Huey to match the water and trees in the pictures on the page. 
And here is the right side.  I took some thickers as well as some October Afternoon stickers to create the title and just added a few pearls to the title to give it some color.  I added a simple accent using some scraps to the empty area.  I took a banner scrap and a maya road journaling spot and pushed a brad from My Mind's Eye through it to add some dimension. 

3 comments:

  1. what a great idea to make a 2 pager! FuN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I love the layers and colors and the photos are amazing!

    ReplyDelete