Monday, March 19, 2012

A new room and a new doily page!

4 more days to go until the baby arrives!!!!  This weekend we painted my daughter's room - our friends came over to help get the job done.  This was my daughter waking up for the first time in her new big girl bed and pink room with a great view this morning!  Our crabapple trees just started blooming and she was thrilled that there was a squirrel looking for apples in the tree!  (Somehow I don't think he found any yet!) 
On the SC challenge board there is a challenge to use a doily on your layout, so I thought a doily would be perfect for this layout of us leaving for our Disney cruise.  We all look pretty hunky dory here and excited to go.  We knew there were storms at sea, we just didn't know what kind of turbulent water was going to be jostling the ship around!  It didn't ruin our trip or anything....just made for difficulty walking in your nice heels and dressy dinner clothes!  Hey, we just started walking barefoot - we ARE from Kentucky, you know!  ;)  Just kidding!

I used some of the Memoir paper I won at the SC sponsored crop in Bowling Green for this page.  The flower is some of the Memoir scraps (blue tissue with scallop trim) that I wrapped around a Gluber until I ran out.  I had a little bare spot, so I added a wood veneer butterfly in that corner to cover it up.  I adorned that butterfly with a Dear Lizzy epoxy sticker and added a few more butterflies flitting around the page. 
The journaling and photo corner stickers are Basic Grey (I think).  The letter stickers are SC and American Crafts.  The chipboard is SC.  Finally, the border sticker is Crate Paper.

1 comment: