Monday, July 9, 2012

2nd birthday

Phew!  I made this just in the knick of time....literally!  I was cropping and pasting like a madwoman tonight!  I had this idea in my mind - I just had to get the kiddos off to bed first...you know how that goes! 
I saw this sketch on Pretty Little Studio's blog this week and decided to play with some of these darling new die cuts....are these not just the CUTEst!? 
Well, it just so happens that we might possibly be invited to a birthday party of a little boy who is turning two.  Totally a random thing.....the people know my husband and are related to my husband's cousin's husband......totally random and crazy!  See what I mean?  Anyway, so when I found out that I may have to get a present and take the kiddos off to this random party on Saturday, I went digging.  And I found this die cut.  Totally random and crazy.....and perfect!!!!
So....anyway, to make a long story short, I whipped up a boyish card (my husband bans ribbon from boy cards.......boys.....what can we do with them?!)  I tried to use argyle embossing folders, chevron paper and die cut edges, and grid paper.  Okay....so I did add a somewhat girly little accordian flower - but it is green and brown to match!  ;)
The paper all came from the latest Studio Calico kit, Elmwood Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment