Tuesday, July 17, 2012

My World

I love this picture so much!  We took this picture at a doctor's appoint when Owen was first born and still had a bit of jaundice.  We had to go nearly every day for about a week or two!  When I printed this picture out, I loved the way he looked so tiny snuggled in the my arm.  We took the picture with our phone, so you can't usually get those pictures too much bigger, so I just decided to keep this as a focal point.
I have been wanting to try this sunray effect in my scrapbooking for a while...I was just scared to do it!  I still need to work on it, but overall I was really pleased with the way this turned out.  To make this page, I took several scraps from my Handmade and Brooklyn Flea kits from Studio Calico and went to work. 
There are My Mind's Eye papers, Washi Tape (My Mind's Eye, and Smash tape), and a few other scraps making the sunray effect. 
I used an Amy Tan journaling spot to help my title stand out.  Title is made with AC Thickers, a Pebbles circle for the O, and a My Mind's Eye brad.
In the top corner is another My Mind's Eye chipboard sticker and a handmade butterfly from another one of my kits. 
I can't believe he has already doubled his weight since then!  They grow so quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment