Sunday, July 8, 2012

Take 2

Using a little bit of the Handmade and Brooklyn Flea kits, the two oldest kits I still had intact from Studio Calico, I made this layout about finally getting to eat at the Whistle Stop this spring.  When I was pregnant we tried to eat there, but it was closed for the winter and reopening a few weeks later.  This would have been no big deal....except it is about 2 hours from our house!
Here you see the circle garland I recently bought from Studio Calico.  I hid half of it under some Riding Hood Red ribbon from Stampin' Up - I love that it is already pleated.
My daughter - held her ears because the train was so loud...
My mom - actually looked at the camera and didn't blink or squint!!!!  Miracle in Glendale, Kentucky!
The tag was in the kit and is from Ormolu.  I spritzed it with Barnwood Mr. Huey and splattered it with Holly Berry Mr. Huey.  And...I actually caught a smile from my dad - he usually doesn't smile, because he's afraid you'll notice that he doesn't have any teeth!  Ah....the rewards of chewing tobacco.....

No comments:

Post a Comment