Friday, July 20, 2012

Lovely Day

Can I just say that I had the very best time this past Monday?!  One of my best friends from high school came to see me - we hadn't seen each other in close to 20 years!  And who would have thought that her little girl was the same age as my daughter?  They played nearly all day long together without fussing - amazing!  And as for us...we had a super duper chatfest!  So much fun!
So....I know you're looking at these pictures and thinking....okay, what does that have to do with these pictures on this layout? 
Nothing!
It's the paper and embellishments on the paper that have to do with her!  We had a swap of supplies - who would have thought that we would both be major scrapbook people?  No one in a million years!  Anyway, I fixed a huge box of duplicates I had from a Studio Calico hosted crop I went to in Bowling Green.  She brought me a ton of fun items including these great October Afternoon papers and embellishments.  Can I just say I was in HEAVEN!??!!? 
And how perfect were these papers for this page about one of our bike rides lately?
I think most of the OA items were from either the Cakewalk or 5 and dime collections.  The buttons are from Basic Grey and the letters are mostly Thicker (AC).  The large L is a Tim Holz Grungeboard that I spritzed with the OA mist and covered in crystal effects.  I added pink chunky glitter (SU) on top to make it really sparkly!

No comments:

Post a Comment